Tuesday, November 20, 2007

Thanksgiving

As a believer, I have more to be thankful for that I can even comprehend. The Cross accomplished pardon, propitiation of Holy wrath, expiation of sin, perfect adherence to the law, crushing of the wicked one, removal of a handwriting of ordinances, and more that I fail to comprehend. May we be taken deeper into the Glories of Calvary this Thanksgiving season to see the incomprehensible greatness of the work of Christ. And may we marvel in the grace of the Father that chose us (as believers) to be in Christ before the world was made.

I've thought of late that I could have been born into so many other circumstances. What if I was born a Hindu, or a Muslim? I could have been born in the Middle Ages at the height of the bubonic plague of Europe. I could have been born an Ammalekite that was slain in battle with the Hebrews. I could have been born one who scorned the ark-building of Noah, and been destroyed in the Flood. But God, being rich in mercy, because of the great love with which he loved us, even when we were dead in our tresspasses, made us alive together with Christ. (Ephesians 2:4-5).

Let us thank Him - feel free to comment on God's infinite goodness!

No comments: